know about us
MEET OUR RESEARCHERS, ENUMERATORS AND LAB MEMBERS
DVM, PhD, FCVSN
PhD, Veterinary Anatomy and Ecotoxicology
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Contact Address: Department of Veterinary Anatomy, University of Ibadan, Ibadan,Nigeria. University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Scopus Author ID:
Dr Aina is a Senior Lecturer at the department of Veterinary Anatomy , University of Ibadan. He has about 13 years experience in teaching and mentoring first stage preclinical Veterinary Medical Students. He had a foundational postgraduate training in Veterinary Pathology ( where he serves the Veterinary teaching hospital as a registrar ) and also in Veterinary Anatomy. His major contribution to collaborative research in the field of ecotoxicology is in digital microscopy, histomorphometry and histopathology of in vivo studies. He is currently developing a teaching and dissection manual for Fish Anatomy for preclinical students. Oluwasanmi also has extensive experience in studies that investigate new lead possibilities from medicinal plants alleviating toxicological challenges from the environment. In his Masters and PhD in Veterinary Anatomy , he investigated the effects of an Agricultural Pesticide, Carbendazim on Japanese Quails (Cortunix cortunix japonica) and African Catfish ( Clarias gariepinus) respectively.
- Works with core research in ecotoxicology
- Reproductive Biology of fish: Conducting investigative and collaborative researches in the field of reproductive biology, as well as, having an interactive anatomical atlas for indigenous breeds of fish in Nigeria.
- Aina, O.O., Ozegbe, P.C. and Adeyemo O. K. (2016) Reproductive biomarkers of endocrine disruption in adult male Clarias Gariepinus exposed to sub-lethal dose of Carbendazim. Anatomy Journal of Africa. 5 (1): 672-685
- Aina O. O. and Ozegbe P. C. (2016) Effects of carbendazim on plasma biochemistry, gross and microscopic features of some visceral organs of Japanese Quails (Coturnix coturnix japonica) exposed to different protein-energy diets. International Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 5(2): 69-73. (Nigeria) (70% contribution).
- Olukole, S. G., Ajani, S. O., Ola-Davies, E. O., Lanipekun, D. O., Aina, O. O., Oyeyemi, M. O., & Oke, B. O. (2018). Melatonin ameliorates bisphenol A-induced perturbations of the prostate gland of adult Wistar rats. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 105, 73-82.
- Iyanda, A.A. and Aina O.O. ( 2019) Cessation of contact altered toxic effects of diesel on heavy metal metabolism but not on renal dysfunction. International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research.Volume 4; Issue 2; Page No. 58-61
- Aina, O. O., Ozegbe, P. C., & Adeyemo, O. K. (2019). Age related Histology and Immunohistochemistry of some intermediate filaments in the Testis of the African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus). Nigerian Journal of Physiological Sciences: Official Publication of the Physiological Society of Nigeria, 34(2), 121-124.